At MAHSA International School we have chosen the British curriculum (Cambridge Board). This International curriculum is tried and tested and is used in over 100 countries worldwide.
- The British curriculum encourages debate and discussion engendering both listening and presentation skills.
- Teachers of the British curriculum are trained to encourage students to be inquisitive, ask questions and listen to others with an open mind.
- The curriculum allows for equating international standards with regular national benchmarking.
- It culminates with international qualifications at IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) in Year 11 and “A” Level qualifications in Year 13.
- Cambridge exam qualifications are recognised and accepted by top universities throughout the world.
WHY CHOOSE THE BRITISH CURRICULUM?
- As previously mentioned it has been around for many years and has proven to be extremely successful as a tool to learning and the application of knowledge.
- It is a broad and well balanced approach covering arts, sciences and the humanities.
- It has an inbuilt evaluation and remediation process. Progress is tracked and evaluated at all key stages from Primary through to IGCSE and on to “A” Level. It provides parents, pupils and teachers with detailed individual progress throughout.
- It is designed to encourage the practical application of acquired knowledge.